Monday, October 24, 2011

Would i have to get an extra battery and alternator upgrade to support my system?

I have 2 12 inch Fi BT's rated at 1,100 RMS each. Also I have all Mclass mids and highs. The 2 amps I have are a Hifonics BRZ2400.1D and a Memphis MClass 50x4 So that's about 2600 watts rms that would be going on at 1 time. I'm kind of scared to start putting it all in there because I'm not sure how much juice I will nned to power it all. What should I do about batteries and alternators? Right now I have a 12v Red Top Optima battery and a stock 110amp alternator. What would I have to change/add?Would i have to get an extra battery and alternator upgrade to support my system?Try a Kinetik battery. Get one off ebay. That battery should help with the stock alternator. If you have power problems, then you'll need to upgrade to a high output alternator.Would i have to get an extra battery and alternator upgrade to support my system?just add a 3 .0 capacitor it will help your alternator and batteryWould i have to get an extra battery and alternator upgrade to support my system?You can run your system with what you have now without any trouble. Just set the gains down or wire your subs to 4 ohms or higher so that your sub amp won't draw too much current.The difference between 1000W vs 2000W by human ear is small, but it's like life or death to your car's electrical. IMHO upgrading to a HO Alt ain't worth it unless if you're competing. If you want more power you...



You need to upgrade your alternator if you want to run your system at full power while driving.

I recommend a 250A alternator.



At 2600W you system would be drawing about ~188A (2600W/13.8V=188.4A) assuming the alternator is running at 13.8V. You car probably draws in ~44A w/everything turned on (i'm assuming your car uses 40% of what your stock alternator puts out). That's about 232A total with everything running at max. Thats just a rough estimate so take it with a grain of salt.



You need to to add/change your battery, if want to play your music at full volume for a good duration while your engine's off or if you listen to music a lot with the car off.

Adding battery info:

http://www.bcae1.com/battiso.htm
  • hair tips
  • short hair cut
  •