Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I change the alternator belt on my 1999 Laguna sport?

Before anyone says it I know its a sh1t car but I like it, unfortunately though the alternator belt needs replacing %26amp; I dont know how to do it, can anyone tell me in complete idiot terms. Also it has air con if this has any bearing. I will be eternally grateful.

ThanksHow do I change the alternator belt on my 1999 Laguna sport?1 you need to take off the wheel engine side (jacked up)

there is an inner wing cover you need to remove

make a note of how the belt goes around the system (it will be a maze if you dont)

slaken tentioner pull belt off %26amp; replace in reverce order.How do I change the alternator belt on my 1999 Laguna sport?Go to autozone.com, get directions (with pics) there. Follow them. You can do it if you have the proper tools.How do I change the alternator belt on my 1999 Laguna sport?the alternator will have a slide on it you need to loosen the bolt clamp and slide the unit to loosen the belt it should easily come off. then you need to replace the belt with a new one and tighten the belt until it allows for 1 inch deflection as in when you press it with your finger

that should help. as for the a.c. bearing all pulleys like that have oneHow do I change the alternator belt on my 1999 Laguna sport?personally, i have know idea what mad mike has said!. if you have no mechanical experiance please take it to a garage. there could be 6 seperate pulleys, you do not want to be guessing after the belt is removed!.